Israel & Bahrain establish diplomatic Relations
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-II – International Relations
- Recently, Israel and Bahrain have formally established diplomatic relations after signing the US brokered deal in Bahrain’s capital Manama.
- The two countries are now expected to open embassies.
- Bahrain is now the fourth Arab country in the Middle East – after the UAE, Egypt and Jordan – to establish diplomatic Relations with Israel.
Important value additions
- Bahrain is a sovereign state in the Persian Gulf.
- The island nation comprises a small archipelago made up of 40 natural islands and an additional 51 artificial islands, centred around Bahrain Island which makes up around 83% of the country’s landmass.
- The country is situated between the Qatari peninsula and the north eastern coast of Saudi Arabia, to which it is connected by the 25-kilometre King Fahd Causeway.
- The capital and largest city is Manama.