Khelo India State Centre of Excellence (KISCE) awarded
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-II – Policies; schemes
- Nine States and Union Territories have been selected by the Sports Ministry for upgradation to Khelo India State Centre of Excellence (KISCE).
- States and UTs selected: Andhra Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Chandigarh, Goa, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Puducherry, Tripura and J&K.
- The centres have been selected based on their past performances, quality of infrastructure, management and sports culture in the State.
- The overall number now stands at 24 KISCEs from 23 States and UTs.
- The assistance to these centres will be provided in the form of bridging the gaps in sports equipment, high performance managers, coaches, sports scientists and technical support.