Kilo Class submarine INS Sindhuvir delivered to Myanmar Navy
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-II – International Relations
- India will be delivering a Kilo Class submarine INS Sindhuvir to Myanmar Navy as part of defence cooperation.
- This will be the first submarine of the Myanmar Navy.
- Cooperation in the maritime domain is an important part of India’s enhanced engagement with Myanmar.
- It is in accordance with India’s vision of SAGAR (Security and Growth for All in the Region) and in line with build capacities and self-reliance in all the neighbouring countries.
Do you know?
- Myanmar is one of India’s strategic neighbours and shares a 1,640-kilometer-long border with a number of north-eastern states of India.
- Kilo class refers to diesel-electric attack submarines that were designed and built in the Soviet Union.