Kisan Suryodaya Yojana launched
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-II – Policies and interventions
- Indian Prime Minister launched the Kisan Suryodaya Yojana in Gujarat.
- Under the scheme, 16 hours of power supply shall be provided to farmers.
- Objective: To provide day-time power supply for irrigation.
- Under this scheme, farmers will be able to avail power supply from 5 AM to 9 PM.
- The state government has allocated a budget of Rs.3500 crore for installing transmission infrastructure under this scheme by 2023.
- 234 ‘66-Kilowatt’ transmission lines will be established under the project, in addition to 220 KV substations.
- Districts to be covered in initial phase: Dahod, Patan, Mahisagar, Panchmahal, Chhota Udepur, Kheda, Tapi, Valsad, Anand and Gir-Somnath have been
- The remaining districts will be covered in a phase-wise manner by 2022-23.