Memorandum signed under Poshan Abhiyaan
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-II – Health
- A Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) was signed between the Ministry of AYUSH and Ministry of Women and Child Development for controlling Malnutrition as a part of POSHAN Abhiyaan.
- The specific areas identified under the MoU for co-operation include: (1) Integration of AYUSH into POSHAN Abhiyaan; (2) Control of malnutrition through the principles and practices of Ayurveda, Yoga and other Ayush systems.
- The Anganwadi worker who is providing the Ayurveda nutrition message to the community at ground level may be designated as ‘DHATRI’ – Dedicated Health Activist to Replenish the Innutrition.
- The two Ministries have also decided to launch the hashtag #Ayush4Anganwadi for generating awareness about the activities on the digital media.
Important value additions
- It is Government of India’s flagship programme
- Ministry: Ministry of Women & Child Development
- Objective: To improve nutritional outcomes for children, pregnant women and lactating mothers.