Pan India Time Use Survey released
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-I – Society; GS-III – Economy
- India’s first Pan India time use survey was released.
- Released by: Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation.
- Men: 57.3% of the people surveyed (7 hours 39 minutes)
- Women: 18.4% (5 hours 33 minutes)
Unpaid domestic services
- Men: 26.1% (1 hour 37 minutes)
- Women: 81.2% (4 hours 59 minutes)
- Men: 91.4%
- Women: 91.3%
Unpaid volunteer work
- Men: 2.7%
- Women: 2%
Do you know?
- A time use survey measures the amount of time people spend doing various activities, such as paid work, childcare, volunteering, and socialising.
- Objective: To measure participation of men and women in paid and unpaid activities.
- The “NSS Report- Time Use in India 2019” is the first such pan India survey which was conducted between January and December 2019.
- Paid employment includes jobs, farming, fishing, mining amongst other economic activities