PLI Schemes For Promoting Domestic Manufacturing Of Bulk Drugs & Medical Devices revised
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-III – Science and Technology
- Chemicals and Fertilizers Ministry has revised the Production Linked Incentive Schemes for promoting domestic manufacturing of bulk drugs and medical devices.
- In the revised guidelines, the ‘Minimum Threshold’ investment requirement has been replaced by ‘committed investment’ taking into account availability of technology choices which varies from product to product.
- The change has been made to encourage efficient use of productive capital.
- The Department of Pharmaceuticals earlier come out with the two Production Linked Incentive Schemes: (1) Production Linked Incentive scheme for promotion of domestic manufacturing of critical Key Starting Materials, Drug Intermediates and Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients in India; (2) Production Linked Incentive Scheme for Promoting Domestic Manufacturing of Medical Devices.
Do you know?
- Globally, the Indian pharmaceutical industry is the third largest in terms of volume.