Production Linked Incentive Scheme (PLI) For Large Scale Electronics Manufacturing
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-III – Technology
- 16 eligible applicants under the PLI Scheme were approved recently.
- Ministry: Ministry of Electronics and Information and Technology (MeitY)
Important value additions
Production Linked Incentive Scheme (PLI) for Large Scale Electronics Manufacturing
- It was notified on 1st April, 2020.
- It extends an incentive of 4% to 6% on incremental sales of goods under target segments that are manufactured in India to eligible companies, for a period of five years (base year- FY2019-20.
- Over the next 5 years, the approved companies under the PLI Scheme are expected to lead to total production of more than INR 10.5 lakh crore.
- The companies approved under the scheme are expected to promote exports significantly.
- The companies approved under the scheme will bring additional investment in electronics manufacturing to the tune of INR 11,000 crore.