Agreements Between India-Bahrain
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-II – International Relations
- Recently, India and Bahrain have agreed to further strengthen their ties, including in areas of defence and maritime security.
- The bilateral issues, and regional and global matters of mutual interest, included areas of defence and maritime security, space technology, trade and investment, infrastructure, IT, FinTech, health, hydrocarbon and renewable energy.
- Both countries affirmed to further strengthen their Covid-19 related cooperation.
- Bahrain appreciated the assistance provided by India during the pandemic through the supply of medicines, medical equipment and medical professionals.
- They expressed satisfaction on the operationalisation of the Air Bubble arrangement between the two countries.
- India renewed invitation to Bahrain for visiting India for the 3rd India-Bahrain High Joint Commission meeting to be held in the upcoming months.
Do you know?
- Air bubbles (travel corridors or travel bubbles) are systems established between two countries that perceive each other to be safe and allow carriers of both the countries to fly passengers either way without any restrictions.