SDGs Investor Map For India launched
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-II – International Relations
- United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) and Invest India have launched the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) Investor Map for India.
- It laid out 18 Investment Opportunities Areas (IOAs) in six critical SDG enabling sectors, that can help the country push forward on the trajectory of Sustainable Development.
- The six focus sectors: Education, healthcare, agriculture and allied activities, financial services, renewable energy and alternatives and sustainable environment.
- Of the 18 IOAs identified, 10 are already mature investable areas that have seen robust Private Equity and Venture Capital activity.
- The remaining eight IOAs are emerging opportunities, which have seen traction from early-stage investors.
- The map has also identified eight ‘white spaces’, which have seen investor interest and have the potential to grow into IOAs in five to six years with policy support and private sector participation.
Do you know?
- Invest India is the national investment promotion agency under the Commerce & Industry Ministry.