Arunachal Pradesh records the best sex ratio
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-I – Society
- The three north-eastern states top the 2018 report on “Vital statistics of India based on the Civil Registration System (CRS)”.
- Prepared by: The Registrar General & Census Commissioner of India
- Arunachal Pradesh has recently recorded the best sex ratio in India with 1,084 females born per 1000 males.
- It is followed by Nagaland at 965 females and Mizoram at 964.
- The sex ratio is the number of females per 1000 males.
- It is an important indicator to map the gender gap of a population.
- Lowest sex ratio has been reported by Manipur (757), Lakshadweep (839) and Daman & Diu (877), followed by Punjab (896).
- Other North-Eastern states: Assam- 904, Meghalaya – 942 and Tripura – 945.