BRICS adopts new Counter-Terrorism Strategy
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-II – International Relations
- The five-nation grouping BRICS has adopted a new counter-terrorism strategy to effectively deal with terrorism.
- Objective: (1) To complement and strengthen the existing bilateral and multilateral ties among the BRICS countries; (2) To make a meaningful contribution to the global efforts of preventing and combating the threat of terrorism.
- The BRICS countries reaffirmed that terrorism in all its forms and manifestations constitutes one of the most serious threats to international peace and security and that any act of terrorism committed is a crime and has no justification.
- They also recognized that the international community should take the necessary steps to enhance cooperation to prevent and combat terrorism, including cross-border movement of terrorists.
Do you know?
- BRICS is the acronym coined to associate five major emerging national economies: Brazil, Russia, India, China, and South Africa.