Decisions taken regarding Ensuring Adequate Numbering Resources for Fixed Line and Mobile Services
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-III – Infrastructure
- With the consideration of TRAI Recommendation on “Ensuring Adequate Numbering Resources for Fixed Line and Mobile Services”, Department of Telecommunications shall implement certain decisions.
- All Fixed to Mobile calls will be dialed with prefix ‘0’ from 15th January, 2021.
- There will be no change in dialling plan from fixed to fixed, mobile to fixed and mobile to mobile calls.
- An announcement shall be played whenever a subscriber dials a fixed to mobile call without prefixing ‘0’.
- All fixed line subscribers will be provided with ‘0’ dialling facility.
- A total of approximately 2539 million numbering series is expected to be generated from the above.
- This will free up sufficient numbering resources for future use.
- With the freeing up of sufficient numbering resources, more number of connections can be added in future which will be beneficial to the mobile customers at large.