‘International ‘Satavadhanam’’ program launched virtually
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-I – Culture
- The ‘International ‘Satavadhanam’’ program, launched virtually by the Vice President recently.
- He observed that ‘avadhanam’ as a literary feat has greatly contributed to the Telugu language’s glorious tradition.
- The program was organized by Dr. Medasani Mohan under the auspices of Sri Krishnadevaraya Satsang in Tirupati.
Important value additions
- Avadhānaṃ is a literary performance popular from the very ancient days in India.
- It originated as a Sanskrit literary process.
- It was revived by poets in Telugu and Kannada in modern times.
- It involves the partial improvisation of poems using specific themes, metres, forms, or words.