National Portal For Transgender Persons Launched
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-I – Society & GS-II – Policies and interventions
- ‘National Portal for Transgender Persons’ was recently launched.
- Launched by: Ministry for Social Justice & Empowerment
- National Portal for Transgender Persons was developed after the Notification of Transgender Persons (Protection of Rights) Rules, 2020 was released.
- This Portal would help a transgender person in applying for a Certificate and Identity card digitally from anywhere in the country.
- The most important benefit is that it helps the transgender person to get the I-Card without any physical interface and without having to visit any office.
- Through the Portal, they can monitor the status of their application that ensures transparency in the process.
- Getting Transgender Certificate and Identity Cards as per their self-perceived identity is an important provision of The Transgender Persons (Protection of Rights) Act, 2019.