PRAGATI Meeting held
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-II – Federalism; Governance
- Recently, the Prime Minister (PM) has chaired the 33rd PRAGATI meeting.
Important value addition
- PRAGATI is the multimodal platform for Pro-Active Governance and Timely Implementation involving central and state governments
- Launched in: 2015
- Designed by: Prime Minister’s Office (PMO) team with the help of the National Informatics Center (NIC).
- It enables the PM to discuss the issues with the concerned central and state officials with full information and latest visuals of the ground-level situation.
- It is a three-tier system: PMO, Union Government Secretaries, and Chief Secretaries of the States.
- Objective: (1) Grievance Redressal; (2) Programme Implementation; (3) Project Monitoring
- The PRAGATI platform uses latest technologies such as Digital data management, video-conferencing and geo-spatial technology.
- Significance: (1) It promotes cooperative federalism; (2) It is a robust system for bringing e-transparency and e-accountability with real-time presence and exchange among the key stakeholders; (3) It is an innovative project in e-governance and good governance.