Ayush Export Promotion Council to be set up
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-II – Policies and interventions; Health & GS-III – Trade
- Ministry of Commerce and Industry and Ministry of AYUSH have decided to set up an AYUSH Export Promotion Council to boost AYUSH exports.
- Both Ministries will work together for establishing an AYUSH Export Promotion Council (AEPC).
- The proposed AEPC can be housed at Ministry of AYUSH.
- Standardisation of HS code for AYUSH will be expedited.
- Ministry of AYUSH will work in collaboration with Bureau of Indian standards to develop international standards for AYUSH products as well as services.
- AYUSH industry will work on ensuring quality and standards of AYUSH products as well as to become price-competitive.
- AYUSH will also figure in the Brand India activities.