Development Projects In Kutch Region
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-II – Policies and Interventions
- Indian Prime Minister laid foundation stones for several development projects in Gujarat recently.
Hybrid Renewable Energy Park
- Hybrid Renewable Energy Park is world’s biggest Renewable Energy Park, being set up close to Indo Pak border, near Khavda village in Kutch district.
- It will produce 30 Giga watt solar and wind energy on a vast expanse of waste land.
- A desalination plant shall also be coming up in Kutch district.
- This plant aims to convert sea water for potable purposes for a population 8 lakh of 300 villages.
- It assumes great importance for Kutch peninsula which is perennial rain-deficit area with no other source of water.
Fully automated milk processing of Sarhad dairy
- 130 crore rupees worth milk processing plant of Sarhad dairy, an apex dairy cooperative entity was also inaugurated virtually.
- This massive 2 lakh litre per day milk processing and packaging facility will come up under Rashtriya Kisan Vikas Yojna.