Government approves Deputy Chief of Strategy post
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-III – Defence & Security
- A major restructure at the Army Headquarters has finally been approved by the government.
- The government has given its nod to create the position of a third Deputy Chief of Army.
- He will act as a “single-point advice” person to the Vice Chief of Army on operational issues.
- He will head operations, intelligence, perspective and information warfare.
- The Directorate General of Military Operations and the Directorate General of Military Intelligence, both headed by Lieutenant General-rank officers, will be under him.
- Two new offices, for Perspective Planning and Strategic Communications, which will also be headed by director generals of Lt Gen-rank, will also come under the new Deputy Chief.
- The changes will start rolling out immediately.
- Current DGMO Lt Gen Paramjit Singh is likely to be appointed the first Deputy Chief (Strategy).