India-Bangladesh Virtual Summit held
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-II – International Relations
- Indian Prime Minister and Prime Minister of Bangladesh held a Summit in virtual format recently.
- The two sides jointly inaugurated the Bangabandhu-Bapu Digital Exhibition.
- They jointly inaugurated a railway link between Haldibari in India and Chilahati in Bangladesh during the summit.
- Haldibari – Chilahati route will be beneficial for transit into Bangladesh from Assam and West Bengal.
- They also agreed to hold an early meeting of the Joint Boundary Conference to prepare a new set of strip maps along the stretch of Icchamati, Kalindi, Raimongol and the Hariabhanga Rivers.
- Beautification and city development project in Rajshahi City was also inaugurated.
- Construction of Khalishpur Collegiate Girl’s School in Khulna was inaugurated as well.
List of MoUs/Agreements signed during the Summit:
- Framework of Understanding on Cooperation in the Hydrocarbon Sector
- MoU regarding Indian Grant Assistance for Implementation of High Impact Community Development Projects through Local Bodies and other Public Sector Institutions
- Protocol on Transboundary Elephant Conservation
- MoU for Supply of Equipment & Improvement of Garbage/Solid Waste Disposal Ground at Lamchori Area for Barishal City Corporation
- MoU on Cooperation in the field of Agriculture
- MoU between Father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman Memorial Museum, Dhaka, Bangladesh and the National Museum, New Delhi, India
- Terms of Reference of India-Bangladesh CEO’s Forum