India pledges a sum of USD 1 million to the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA)
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-II – International Relations
- India has pledged a sum of USD 1 million to the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) towards the agency’s scientific research budget.
- It will allow WADA to develop innovative anti-doping testing and detection methods.
Important value additions
The World Anti-Doping Agency
- It is a foundation initiated by the International Olympic Committee to promote, coordinate and monitor the fight against drugs in sports.
- The agency’s key activities include monitoring of the World Anti-Doping Code, whose provisions are enforced by the UNESCO International Convention against Doping in Sport.
- Headquarters: Montreal, Quebec, Canada.
- Established in: 1999.