Peer learning exchange on fintech solutions held between India and Better Than Cash Alliance
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-II – International Relations & GS-III – Digital economy
- Recently, India and UN-Based Better Than Cash Alliance organized a joint Peer learning exchange on fintech solutions for responsible digital payments at the last mile.
Important value addition
Better Than Cash Alliance
- It is based at the United Nations.
- Created in: 2012.
- Launched by: United Nations Capital Development Fund, the United States Agency for International Development, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, Citigroup, the Ford Foundation, the Omidyar Network, and Visa Inc.
- It is a partnership of governments, companies and international organizations that accelerates the transition from cash to responsible digital payments.
- The Alliance has 75 members which are committed to digitizing payments.
- The Alliance Secretariat works to digitize payments by – Providing advisory services based on their priorities; Sharing action-oriented research and fostering peer learning on responsible practices; Conducting advocacy at national, regional and global level.