Programme of Socio-Economic Profiling of PM SVANidhi launched
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-II – Policies and Interventions
- A programme of Socio-Economic Profiling of PM SVANidhi beneficiaries and their families was recently launched as an additional component of PM SVANidhi Scheme.
- Ministry: Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs
- Under this, a complete profile of each PM SVANidhi beneficiary and their family members will be prepared.
- Based on the profiled data, benefits of the various eligible Central Schemes would be extended to them for their socio-economic upliftment.
- Context: PM SVANidhi scheme should not be seen merely from the perspective of extending loans to street vendors but should also be seen as an instrument for outreach to street vendors and their families for their overall development.
- In the first phase, 125 cities have been selected for the programme.
- The profile will identify potential eligibility of beneficiaries and their family members for select Central Government schemes and facilitate linkages.
Important value addition
Prime Minister Street Vendors AtmaNirbhar Nidhi (PM SVANidhi) Scheme
- Implemented by: Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs
- Objective: To provide affordable working capital loan up to 10 thousand rupees to Street Vendors for facilitating resumption of their livelihoods adversely affected by the COVID-19 pandemic.