2021: Year Of Indo-French Alliance Towards A Greener Planet
Part of: GS Prelims and GS- II – International Relations
- Union Minister for Environment and French Minister for Ecological Transition launched the Indo-French Year of the Environment recently.
- Objective: To strengthen Indo-French cooperation in sustainable development, increase the effectiveness of actions in favour of global environment protection and give them greater visibility.
- The Indo-French Year of the Environment over the period 2021-2022 would be based on five main themes: (1) Environmental protection; (2) Climate change; (3) Biodiversity conservation; (4) Sustainable urban development; (5) Development of renewable energies and energy efficiency.
- It is also a platform for engaging in discussions on critical areas of collaboration relating to the environment and allied areas.
- From the Indian side, it will be coordinated by the Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change (MoEFCC) along with the Ministry of External Affairs, Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs, Ministry of New and Renewable Energy, and other concerned Ministries/Departments/Organisations.
- A joint screening committee will also be set up to finalize the calendar of the events for the Indo-French Year of the Environment.
Do you know?
- India-France alliance is the main pillar of the International Solar Alliance launched by Inidan PM.