Restoring Cross Border Mobility by WEF’s Common Trust Network
Part of: GS Prelims and GS- II – International Relations
- Union Minister of Health & Family Welfare addressed the event on Restoring Cross Border Mobility by World Economic Forum’s Common Trust Network through Video Conference.
- Background: As countries around the world work to overcome the COVID-19 pandemic and restart their economies, they all face the challenge of how to reopen their borders and allow travel and commerce to resume while protecting their populations’ health.
- To address this challenge, The Commons Project Foundation and the World Economic Forum have launched the Common Trust Network in collaboration with a broad voluntary network of public and private stakeholders.
- The Common Trust Network is designed to:
- empower individuals with digital access to their health information,
- make it easier for individuals to understand and comply with each destination’s requirements,
- ensure that only verifiable lab results and vaccination records from trusted sources are presented for cross-border travel and commerce.
- The Network is enabled by a global registry of trusted laboratory and vaccination data sources, standard formats for lab results and vaccination records, and standard tools to make those results and records digitally accessible.