30th National Energy Conservation Awards (NECA) function organised
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-III – Energy Resources; Conservation
- Ministry of Power, in association with Bureau of Energy Efficiency (BEE), organised the 30th National Energy Conservation Awards (NECA) function.
- During the event, the Standards and Labelling Programme for Air Compressors and Ultra High Definition (UHD) TV was launched on a voluntary basis.
- The energy consumption standards will be effective from 01st January 2021.
- This initiative is expected to save around 8.41 Billion Units of electricity for Air Compressors and 9.75 Billion Units for UHD TV till 2030.
- SAATHEE (State-wise Actions on Annual Targets and Headways on Energy Efficiency) – A portal for State Designated Agency for state level activities was also launched.
- BEE has developed this portal.
- It will facilitate real-time monitoring of the progress of implementation of various Energy Conservation endeavours at State level.
Important value additions
Bureau of Energy Efficiency
- It is a statutory body under the Ministry of Power, Government of India.
- It assists in developing policies and strategies.
- Objective: Reducing the energy intensity of the Indian economy.
- (DISCOMs) to be covered under the Energy Conservation (EC) Act, 2001: Click here