Management Effectiveness Evaluation Of Indian Zoos (MEE-ZOO) Framework launched
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-III – Environment; Biodiversity
- The Union Environment Minister launched the Management Effectiveness Evaluation of Indian Zoos (MEE-ZOO) framework.
- The framework proposes guidelines, criteria and indicators for evaluation of zoos of India in a manner which is discrete, holistic and independent.
- The assessment criteria and indicators look beyond the traditional concepts and include issues of animal welfare, husbandry and sustainability of resources and finance.
- The MEE-ZOO exercise is moving towards developing highest standards in Zoos across India.
- It will help in adhering to core values of accountability, transparency, innovation, use of technology, collaboration and integrity to achieve the mandate of conservation of endangered species.