Cabinet approves signing of Memorandum of Cooperation between India and Japan on Partnership in “Specified Skilled Worker”
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-II – International relations
- Cabinet recently approved signing of Memorandum of Cooperation (MoC) between India and Japan on Partnership in “Specified Skilled Worker”.
- The present MoC would set an institutional mechanism for partnership and cooperation between India and Japan on sending and accepting skilled Indian workers, who have qualified the required skill and Japanese language test, to work in fourteen specified sectors in Japan.
- These Indian workers would be granted a new status of residence of “Specified Skilled Worker” by the Government of Japan.
- Under this MOC, a Joint Working Group will be set up to follow up its implementation.
- MOC would enhance people-to -people contacts, foster mobility of workers and skilled professionals from India to Japan.
- Some of these 14 sectors are: Nursing care; Building cleaning; Material Processing industry; Industrial machinery manufacturing industry; Shipbuilding and ship-related industry; Automobile maintenance; Aviation; Agriculture; Fisheries; Food and beverages manufacturing industry and Food service industry