CEPI centralized network lab at DBT-THSTI Faridabad inaugurated
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-II – Health & GS-III – Innovation; Sci & tech
- One of the seven labs of the world called as the centralized network lab of Coalition for Epidemic Preparedness Innovations (CEPI) established was recently established at Translational Health Science & Technology Institute (THSTI), Faridabad
- Ministry: Ministry of Science & Technology
- The CEPI centralized laboratory at DBT-THSTI Faridabad is first of its kind in India and one of the seven in the world.
- THSTI is the only laboratory of such kind in India and is also accredited by National Accreditation Board for Testing and Calibration Laboratories (NABL).
- CEPI is an innovative partnership between public, private, philanthropic, and civil organizations, launched at Davos in 2017, to develop vaccines to stop future epidemics.
- The Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science & Technology is implementing the Ind-CEPI mission titled ‘India Centric Epidemic Preparedness through Rapid Vaccine Development: Supporting Indian Vaccine Development Aligned with the Global Initiative of the Coalition for Epidemic Preparedness Innovations (CEPI)’.
- Aim: (1) To strengthen the development of vaccines for the diseases of epidemic potential in India; (2) Build coordinated preparedness in the Indian public health system and vaccine industry to address existing and emergent infectious threats in India.