India – UAE MoU For Scientific And Technical Cooperation
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-II – International Relations
- The Union Cabinet has approved the MoU on Scientific and Technical Cooperation between National Centre of Meteorology (NCM), UAE and Ministry of Earth Sciences (MoES), India.
The MoU provides for:
- Exchange of experience/visits in term of scientists, research scholars and specialists, etc. for the purpose of tropical cyclones forecasting.
- Cooperation to support the Tsunami Early Warning Centre (TEWC)
- Cooperate at the field of Seismology which includes the study of Seismic activities having the potential to generate Tsunami waves in Arabian Sea and Oman Sea.
- Cooperation in Early warnings of Sand and Dust storms through the exchange of knowledge.