PM to launch Pan India Rollout of COVID-19 Vaccination drive
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-II – Health
- Indian Prime Minister will launch the pan India rollout of COVID-19 vaccination drive on 16th January, 2021.
- This will be the world’s largest vaccination program covering the entire length and breadth of the country.
- A total of 3006 session sites across all States and UTs will be virtually connected during the launch.
- Around 100 beneficiaries will be vaccinated at each session site on the inaugural day.
- This vaccination programme is based on the principles of priority groups to be vaccinated.
- Health Care workers, both in government and private sectors including ICDS workers, will receive the vaccine during this phase.
- The vaccination programme will use Co-WIN, which will facilitate real time information of vaccine stocks, storage temperature and individualized tracking of beneficiaries for COVID-19 vaccine.
- This digital platform will assist programme managers across all levels while conducting vaccination sessions.
- A dedicated 24×7 call centre – 1075 – has also been established for addressing the queries related to COVID-19 pandemic.
- Adequate doses of both COVISHIELD and COVAXIN have already been delivered across the country to all States/UTs with the active support of the Ministry of Civil Aviation.
Do you know?
- COWIN is an online digital platform developed by Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.