Indian Railway completes successful speed trials of the new design Vistadome Tourist Coaches
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-III – Infrastructure
- In order to provide world class modern travelling experience for the passengers, Indian Railways successfully completed the speed trials of the newly designed Vistadome tourist coach manufactured by Internal Coach Factory.
- The coach has successfully completed 180 KMPH oscillation trial.
- The Vistadom tourist coach is provided with larger viewing area including roof top glasses with 44 seats for passengers with rotation up to180 degree to face the direction of train movement.
- The coach is also having Wi-Fi based Passenger information system.
- Integral Coach Factory (ICF) is a manufacturer of rail coaches located in Perambur, Chennai, Tamil Nadu.