Integrated Weapons System Design Centre
Part of: GS Prelims and GS- III – Defence & Security
- Indian Vice President recently inaugurated the Integrated Weapons System Design Centre at DRDO’s Dr APJ Abdul Kalam Missile complex in Hyderabad.
- The Integrated Weapon System Design facility is said to enhance the capability in design and development of command & control systems for surface-to-air missile (SAM) systems and ballistic missile defence (BMD) systems.
- Centre will give a thrust to the overall system design and evaluation methodology for state-of-the-art missile systems and will help in improving the performance of missiles.
- The Vice President inaugurated a new missile technology exposition and seminar hall on the campus.
- The exposition will display missile technologies and weapon systems and the centre will be the backbone for outreach activities.