Climate Adaptation Summit 2021
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-II – International relations & GS- III – Climate change
- Indian Prime Minister addressed the Climate Adaptation Summit 2021 recently.
- Hosted by: Netherlands
- The summit will have a significant focus on securing new investments to ensure that millions of smallholder farmers can adapt to the stresses of climate on food production.
- During the summit, it was said that India is targeting 450 gigawatt of renewable energy capacity by 2030.
- It is also promoting LED lights and saving 38 million tons of carbon-di-oxide emissions annually.
- India is going to restore 26 million hectares of degraded land by 2030.
- Clean cooking fuel is being provided to 80 million rural households.
- 64 million households are being connected to piped water supply.