Janshatabdi Express from Ahmedabad-Kevadia to have a Vistadome coach
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-III – Infrastructure
- Indian Prime Minister recently flagged off eight trains from different parts of the country to Kevadia in Narmada district, Gujarat.
- Out of these eight trains, the Janshatabdi Express from Ahmedabad-Kevadia has a Vistadome coach.
- The Vistadome coach is a state-of-the-art coach made by Indian Railways, designed to provide passengers with travel comfort as well as an enhanced viewing experience of their surroundings.
- The Vistadome coach in the Janshatabdi Express has been manufactured at the Integral Coach Factory in Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
- It is for the first time that the Vistadome coach has been made on the Linke Hofmann Busch (LHB) platform, made for passenger coaches for trains in India.
- Some of the features of the Vistadome coach are an observation lounge with a large window for passengers to experience the scenic route to Kevadia.
- The 44 recliner-180 degree rotatable seats ensure people can enjoy the view from both windows to their right and left, there are automatic sliding doors at both gates of the coach, glass rooftops offer a panoramic view, while there are five large windows on each side.
- Indian Railway completes successful speed trials of the new design Vistadome Tourist Coaches: Click here