MoD signs contract with BEL to supply indigenously developed 10 Lynx U2 Fire Control systems for Indian Navy
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-III – Defence and Security
- Ministry of Defence (MoD) has signed a contract with Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL) for procurement of 10 Lynx U2 Fire Control systems for frontline warships of Indian Navy.
- Designed and developed by: BEL
- The Lynx system would further the ‘Atmanirbhar Bharat’ vision.
- The LYNX U2 GFCS is a Naval Gun Fire Control System designed to acquire, track and engage targets amidst sea clutter.
- It is capable of accurately tracking air/surface targets, generating required target data for predicting weapon aiming points and engaging target.
- The target engagement is carried out with the medium/short range gun mounts like Russian AK176, A190 and AK630 and the SRGM available onboard ships.
- The system will be installed on the NOPV, Talwar and Teg class of ships.
- The system includes the Tracking Radar, Servo and Weapon Control Modules.
- The indigenous system will ensure maximum up-time of the system and guarantees excellent Product support throughout its life time.