MoU signed between India Textiles Ministry and Nissenken Quality Evaluation Centre Japan
Part of: GS Prelims and GS- II – International Relations; GS-III – Economy
- A formal MoU signing ceremony was held between Textiles Committee, Ministry of Textiles, India, and M/s. Nissenken Quality Evaluation Centre Japan.
- Objective: To provide the required support to the textile trade and industry for ensuring quality as per the requirement of Japanese buyers through Testing, Inspection & Conformity Assessment.
- It is expected that the MoU will strengthen the bilateral trade by enhancing India’s export of Textile and Apparels (T&A) to Japan, which is the third-largest export destination of the world.
Do you know?
- The Textiles Committee was established in the year 1963 by an Act of Parliament.
- It is a statutory body under the Ministry of Textiles to ensure the quality of all textiles and textile products for domestic and export markets.
- The Textiles Committee is the only body providing for all the quality-related needs of the entire Textiles Value Chain (TVC) in an integrated format on a pan-India basis.