New Rewari – New Madar Section Of WDFC to be flagged off
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-III – Infrastructure
- Indian Prime Minister will dedicate to the nation the 306 Km New Rewari – New Madar Section of the Western Dedicated Freight Corridor (WDFC) on 7th January 2021.
- The New Rewari – New Madar section of the Western Dedicated Freight Corridor is situated in Haryana and Rajasthan.
- The opening of this stretch will benefit various industries of Rajasthan & Haryana.
- It will also enable better usage of the container depot of CONCOR at Kathuwas.
- This section will also ensure seamless connectivity with the western ports of Kandla, Pipavav, Mundhra, and Dahej situated in Gujarat.
- With the inauguration of this section, seamless connectivity between the WDFC and EDFC will be achieved.
- Earlier the 351-km New Bhaupur- New Khurja section of the EDFC was dedicated to the nation by the Prime Minister on 29th December 2020.