Quantum Computing Applications Lab to be established
Part of: GS Prelims and GS- III – Sci & Tech
- The Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) in India will establish a Quantum Computing Applications Lab in India, in collaboration with Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Objective: To accelerate quantum computing-led research and development and enable new scientific discoveries.
- The Lab will provide quantum computing as a service to government ministries and departments, researchers, scientists, academia, and developers, to enable advances in areas such as manufacturing, healthcare, agriculture, and aerospace engineering.
- AWS will provide hosting with technical and programmatic support for the Lab.
- The lab is World’s first quantum computing applications lab on AWS to support a national government’s mission to drive innovation.
Do you know?
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a subsidiary of Amazon providing on-demand cloud computing platforms and APIs to individuals, companies, and governments, on a metered pay-as-you-go basis.