Saksham: a month long campaign for consumers of fossil fuels launched
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-III – Environment
- With a view to create awareness among the consumers of fossil fuels, ‘SAKSHAM’, a month long campaign, was recently launched.
- Launched by: Petroleum Conservation Research Association (PCRA), Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas
- The campaign shall highlight the adverse health and environmental impacts of increasing carbon footprints.
- ‘SAKSHAM’s idea is to convince consumers to switch to cleaner fuels and bring in behavioural change to use fossil fuel intelligently.
- The campaign will also spread awareness about 7 key drivers that Prime Minister recently mentioned, that would help India move towards cleaner energy.
- The key drivers include: (1) Moving towards a gas-based economy; (2) Cleaner use of fossil fuels; (3) Greater reliance on domestic sources to drive bio-fuels; (4) Achieving renewable targets with the set deadlines; (5) Increased use of electric vehicles to decarbonize mobility; (6) Increased use of cleaner fuels like Hydrogen; (7) Digital innovation across all energy systems.