Third Phase Of Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY 3.0) launched
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-III – Skill Development
- The third phase of Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY 3.0) launched recently in 600 districts across all states of India.
- Ministry: Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship.
- Spearheaded by the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE), this phase will focus on new-age and COVID-related skills.
- Skill India Mission PMKVY 3.0 envisages training of eight lakh candidates over a scheme period of 2020-2021 with an outlay of Rs. 948.90 crore.
- The 729 Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Kendras (PMKKs), empanelled non-PMKK training centres and more than 200 ITIs under Skill India will be rolling out PMKVY 3.0 training to build a robust pool of skilled professionals.
Important value additions
Skill India Mission
- Skill India Mission is an initiative of the Government of India, launched by the Prime Minister on the 16th of July 2015 with an aim to train over 40 crore people in India in different skills by 2022.
- It includes various initiatives of the government like
- National Skill Development Mission,
- National Policy for Skill Development and Entrepreneurship, 2015,
- Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY)
- Skill Loan scheme