1st India-Bahrain Joint Working Group meeting in the field of Renewable Energy
Part of: GS Prelims and GS- II – International relations
- The 1st meeting of the Joint Working Group in the field of Renewable Energy between India and the Kingdom of Bahrain was held recently.
- A Memorandum of Understanding between India and Bahrain was signed in July 2018 for promoting bilateral cooperation in the field of Renewable Energy.
- Now, both sides have underscored the importance of renewable energy to meet climate change goals.
- They presented the initiatives taken, progress made and future targets set by their respective governments and opportunities available in this sector.
- They agreed on sharing experience, expertise, and best practices.
- Both sides agreed to forge deeper engagement in capacity building and focused cooperation between concerned agencies and the private sector of the two countries in this sector, particularly in the field of solar, wind, and clean hydrogen.