Agreements signed between India and Maldives
Part of: GS Prelims and GS – II – International Relations
- India and Maldives signed agreements on wide range of domains.
- These included fish processing, public broadcasting, sustainable urban development, road infrastructure and housing.
- The broadcasting agreement is for cooperation between Prasar Bharati and official State Media of Maldives.
- It intends to facilitate collaboration and capacity building in the field of public broadcasting.
- Over one lakh additional doses of COVID vaccine were also handed over to Maldives.
- India has signed a 50 million dollar Line of Credit agreement in defence sector with the Maldives which will facilitate capability building in the maritime domain.
- The UTF Harbour Project agreement was also signed with Maldives.
- The project agreement will strengthen Maldivian Coast Guard capability and facilitate regional Humanitarian Assistance and Disaster Relief efforts.
- India also extended a new line of credit of US dollar 40 million for the development of new sports infrastructure in the Maldives.