Mahabahu-Brahmaputra to be launched
Part of: GS Prelims and GS – III – Infrastructure
- Indian Prime Minister will launch the ‘Mahabahu-Brahmaputra’ in Assam on 18th February 2021.
- The launch of Mahabahu-Brahmaputra will be marked by the following:
- The Ro-Pax vessel operations between Neamati-Majuli Island, North Guwahati-South Guwahati,and Dhubri-Hatsingimari;
- Shilanyas of Inland Water Transport (IWT) Terminal at Jogighopa
- Various tourist jetties on River Brahmaputra
- Launch of digital solutions for Ease-of-Doing-Business.
- Aim: Providing seamless connectivity to the Eastern parts of India.