Sandes: an instant messaging platform
Part of: GS Prelims and GS – III– Sci & Tech
- An instant messaging platform was launched recently called Sandes on the lines of WhatsApp.
- Launched by: National Informatics Centre
- Sandes can be used for all kinds of communications by anyone with a mobile number or email id.
- Its interface is similar to other apps currently available.
Do you know?
- The National Informatics Centre is an attached office under the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology in the Indian government.
- The NIC provides infrastructure to help support the delivery of government IT services and the delivery of some of the initiatives of Digital India.