Mahatma Gandhi National Fellowship (MGNF) rolled out
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-II – Policies and interventions & GS – III – Skill development
- Mahatma Gandhi National Fellowship (MGNF) was recently rolled out.
- Ministry: Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship
- The fellows under MGNF will acquire academic expertise and technical competency in understanding the overall skill ecosystem along with being attached to District Skill Committees (DSCs).
- It will help them manage the skill development planning at the district level through the mechanism of formulating District Skill Development Plans (DSDPs).
- The first pilot MGNF which had 69 fellows working across 69 districts was successful.
- The Ministry is now expanding MGNF to all remaining districts in India.
- The Ministry has sought academic partnership with only the IIMs.