SANKALP (Skills Acquisition And Knowledge Awareness For Livelihood Promotion)
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-II – Policies and interventions & GS – III – Skill development
- ‘Transforming skilling through strategic partnerships under SANKALP’ function was recently held.
- Ministry: Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE)
Important value additions
- SANKALP (Skills Acquisition and Knowledge Awareness for Livelihood Promotion) is a World Bank loan assisted programme
- Objective: To strengthen the district skill administration and the District Skill Committees (DSCs).
- It is a two-year academic programme.
- It comes with an in-built component of on-ground practical experience with the district administration.
- It will also support the Training of Trainer (ToT) system in Public-Private Partnership (PPP) mode.
- MSDE has instituted the “Awards for Excellence in District Skill Development Planning (DSDP Awards)” under SANKALP in 2018.