Modifications in Pre And Post Matric Scholarship Schemes
Part of: GS Prelims and GS – II – Education; Welfare schemes
- Lok Sabha was informed about the Modifications in Pre and Post Matric Scholarship Schemes for SCs and OBCs.
- Ministry: Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment
Important changes introduced in the scheme
- Pre-Matric Scholarship for SC students:
- The funding pattern – fixed sharing pattern of 60:40 between Centre and the States (90:10 in case of North Eastern States) or Notional Allocation whichever is lower.
- The Annual Family Income limit increased from Rs. 2 lakh to Rs 2.5 lakh.
- Rates of maintenance allowances were also increased.
- Post-Matric Scholarship for SC students:
- It shall continue from 2020-21 to 2025-26
- Funding pattern – sharing ratio of 60:40 between the Centre and the States (90:10 in case of NE States)
- Pre-Matric Scholarship for OBCs and Post Matric Scholarship for OBCs:
- Pre-Matric Scholarship increased from Rs.1 lakh to Rs. 2.5 lakh per annum.
- Post Matric Scholarship increased from Rs.1.5 lakh to Rs.2.5 lakh per annum.