Effects of Excessive Use Of Fertilizer
Part of: GS Prelims and GS- II – Policies and Interventions & GS – III – Environment
- Investigations carried out over five decades have indicated that continuous use of nitrogenous fertilizer alone had harmful effects on soil health and crop productivity.
- Micronutrients were also becoming deficient.
Steps taken by the government
- National Mission on Soil Health Card launched to promote soil test based balanced and judicious fertilizer application
- Parampragat Krishi Vikas Yojana (PKVY) promotes organic farming.
- Mission Organic Value Chain Development for North East Region (MOVCD-NER) also promotes organic farming.
- Farmers being educated on all these aspects through Krishi Vigyan Kendras (KVKs), and agricultural universities.
- Kiwis Of Ziro Valley: Click here