We live in a time when it is unimaginable for the majority of people not to have a substantial digital footprint. Failure and success is measured by the number of followers people have on social media platforms. Unfortunately, the ‘virtual’ has taken over the ‘real’ and education is no exception.
We often talk about information overload, something we feel has a highly debilitating impact on the prospects of the UPSC aspirants. The inability of students to distinguish facts from opinions and truth from rhetoric is a serious issue. But no one talks about it. It is so because the digital economy has commercialised everything. Please understand that we are making this assertion with utmost sincerity. If we look at the real issue, it won’t be too difficult to realise that we have forgotten our unique heritage. By heritage, we don’t mean the monuments and palaces but the culture of knowledge exchange and the methods of learning that were integral to the Indian way of life.
If we talk about knowledge, the Guru-Shishya parampara (meaning system) had no match. Students used to dedicate their early youth to learning in solitude, submitting their self to the Guru. The Guru used to know the strengths and weaknesses of each of his students. He used to impart the best possible education to his pupil by mentoring them in every walk of life. What made this system unique was the special bond that the Guru and Shishya used to share with each other. The affection of the Guru for his pupil and the respect of the Shishya for his teacher made learning a pure and immersive process. The stories of teachers like Vishvamitra, Sandinapani and Drona and the anecdotes about the brilliance of students like Ram, Krishna and Arjun are an integral part of our life journey. Isn’t it? Sometimes we wonder if the Guru-Shishya parampara could be revived!
Well, we plan to bring in the good old tried and tested process back. Although, it would be unfair to expect the same level of dedication and discipline in today’s modern times, in terms of its overall essence and objectives, we can always make an honest attempt to create a milieu where the benefits of Guru-Shishya parampara can be reaped in a modern avatar.
Yes! We are in the process of making your UPSC journey a more intimate one. We are going to redefine the relationship between the teacher and the students to ensure that the UPSC aspirants get an opportunity to prepare in a highly focussed environment, under the close guidance of a Guru. We have given a name to this initiative – Baba’s Gurukul !
Features of the Programme:
- In this initiative, we will select a limited number of students to create a cohort of highly dedicated and focused aspirants.
- The selected students will be provided with the Study Centre facility of IASbaba. The study centre will act as the revered Gurukul for the aspirants, albeit a modern one with essential facilities like WiFi and storage.
- The students will be under the direct guidance of Mohan Sir (Founder IASbaba). With his experience of mentoring thousands of aspirants in their UPSC journey, he will be providing direct guidance and support to the enrolled students.
- Customised daily plan/schedules shall be provided to the selected candidates based on their one-on-one interaction with Mohan Sir. Depending upon the strengths and weaknesses (in Prelims / Mains/ Interview) of the students, support shall be tailor-made to ensure efficient and highly productive learning outcomes.
- Regular targets will be provided in order to finish the syllabus in a systematic manner and evaluation of the performance will also take place based on the regular Tests.
- IASbaba’s paid courses (Test Series (Prelims/Mains), Value-Added Notes (VAN’s) etc.) will be provided according to the individual’s needs.
- Apart from GS, strategic help regarding the Optional Subjects (Geography, Public Administration, Sociology, PSIR, Anthropology, Kannada Literature) will be provided to ensure the 360 degree coverage of all the preparation needs. The idea is to make the preparation journey so rigorous that there doesn’t remain any scope of mistake or confusion amongst aspirants with respect to their ability and potential.
- The programme will continue in mission-mode for a duration of 6 months in two phases. The first phase will be focused on prelims and mains preparation and second phase exclusively on mains preparation followed by interview preparation.
- Last but not the least, there will be an informal ‘Lunch with the Toppers/Ex-Bureaucrats’, where the students will be able to interact with the toppers and ex-Bureaucrats informally about their preparation and approach.
- Only a limited number of students who are highly dedicated will be selected through multiple rounds of scrutiny. Seats are limited as one on one mentorship is possible only with a limited number of students.
- The selection process will be similar to UPSC standards, comprising of one Prelims Test (75 MCQ’s – 150 marks; Syllabus will include current affairs of last one year and static GS topics + Objective CSAT questions), one Mains Test – 150 marks (it will include an essay based on Current Issues and case studies of Ethics to check the approach of candidates) and a Personality Test (it will be conducted to check the dedication of candidates and their level of understanding of Current Issues).
- Mode of Test: Both Online and Offline (Bangalore, Delhi and Lucknow).
- Selected candidates will need to relocate to Bangalore.
Date of Test – 14th February, 2021
Timings – 11:00 am (3 hours Test)
Please Note – Test link and platform to take the test will be shared on the registered email ids.
Selected candidates for Personality test will be announced by 19th February.
NOTE – A token amount will be charged from the selected students who make it into the final list so that they remain sincere.
Interested students can register through the following link –
TO REGISTER -> CLICK HERE
For those aspirants who are thinking that the competition would be more, we would advise to try and fail but never fail to try!
So, don’t wait and start preparing to move on to the next stage of your preparation. Think big to make it big!
Let’s usher into a new era with old values. Baba’s Gurukul is open for you.. Let’s join hands and create history together !!
We firmly believe –
Each person holds so much power within themselves that needs to be let out. Sometimes they just need a Guru, to give a little nudge, a direction, a support, a coaching and the greatest things can happen.
For any Queries:
Email id: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact No. : 8429688885/9169191888 (10 Am – 6 Pm) Please do not make calls before or after the given timing.
You can also reach us on –
- IASbaba Admission Centre: No.38, 3rd Cross, 1st Phase, 2nd Stage, 60 Feet Mains Road, Chandralayout, Bengaluru-560040. Landmark: Opposite to BBMP Office/ CULT Fitness
- 5B, PUSA Road, Opposite to Metro Pillar 110, Karol Bagh, New Delhi -110005 (Landmark: CROMA Store)
- IASbaba, B-1/66, Sector J, Aliganj, Lucknow, – 226024 (Landmark: Near Mr Brown / Opp to Sahu Studio).
All the Best 🙂